News‎ > ‎

Important Announcement: Adventure Dual Sport Ride

posted Sep 22, 2011, 7:09 AM by Puget Sound Enduro Riders Enduro Riders   [ updated Sep 22, 2011, 7:12 AM ]
Green Diamond Resources (the land owner that nearly half of the route goes thru) has closed their land due to extreme fire danger. They will make a determination by Sept.30th whether or not they will re-open their land to access, depending on the amount of rain the area receives between now and then. That said, we are still a “Go” for the event and are proceeding as planned and are optimistic that the event will go forward. If, by Friday September 30th, Green Diamond hasn’t re-opened their property, we unfortunately will have no choice but to cancel the event. We will make this determination no later than Saturday, October 1st at which time we will notify everyone and begin sending out refunds to those already entered. 
There are rain showers in the extended forecast. Whether that precipitation materializes, to what extent, and that it’s enough to satisfy Green Diamond’s criteria is impossible to say. But as I said we’re proceeding with the event until we hear otherwise from Green Diamond. Our club, our sponsors and many others have worked very hard for nearly a year on this. I encourage anyone who’s interested in participating in the ride to send in your entry before the entry deadline of October 1st.